Why We Need Information
Protecting Personal Information
Any personal information collected is done with the consent of individuals in order to become a member, obtain products, receive notice about upcoming events, or participate in projects or other activities of the EOMF and its partners. Personally identifiable data about individuals are stored securely and used only for the purpose for which they were provided.
The EOMF may share aggregate information, but not individual information, about its members and project participants with its partners in the interest of furthering sustainable forestry, improving or designing new programs, and enhancing the overall effectiveness of the organization.
Web Sites Hosted by the EOMF
The EOMF Web server, like all Web servers, logs certain information about each visit:
- Your IP address, which may be resolved to determine your Internet service provider (ISP) and country
- Your operating system and browser version
- The date and time of your visit (from which visit duration can be derived)
- Pages and files you’ve viewed
- The referrer (if a site has linked you to our site)
- Search engine referrer and keywords (if applicable)
This information is parsed into summary reports that are provided to the EOMF Web administrator, as well as the primary point of contact (in the case of a project or partner’s website). The information is used to measure our success in delivering Web content, and to tailor the content to public demand. Web server log files are not used to track any individual user.
Web sites hosted or administered by the EOMF may make use of “cookies.” Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that are used by the Web server to customize the way you view the site.